Choosing the type of practitioners involved with your health, your family’s health or your pregnancy and birthing process is crucial for your experience of well being . While we recommend chiropractic care for all members of the family and especially pregnant mothers, we also recommend complementary care of acupuncture, massage therapy and nutritional and herbal therapy along with regular contact with your chosen birthing team.
Below is a list of practitioners in the area that we love. Some provide individual care, most provide services for new families. If you need further recommendations please ask at your next visit or fill out our contact form.
- Sabrina Marie Acupuncture – Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chinese Herbs.
- Diane Gibbs, CMT, GCFP – Deep tissue bodywork, pregnancy massage, Feldenkrais movement, craniosacral therapy.
- Jennifer Turek, CMT, CD – Koru Therapies – Mobile massage and Birth Doula services.
- Amber Schevon, MA, MFT – Support during pregnancy and beyond.
- Natashia Fuksman, MA, MFTi – Women and Couple’s Therapy focused on Intimacy & Connection through mind-body awareness.
- Ashley Reynolds, LCSW – Self Compassion for Peace
- Tali Sedgewick, NE, RD – Food NE/RD – Helping you feel your best, one forkful at a time.
- Amy Griffith, Certified Health Coach & Nutrition Consultant – Embrace Health and Nutrition – Fix your food first!
- Elika Aird, RYT, CD (DONA) – Blissful Bodies Yoga & Birth Services
- Lindsey Stern Beallo, CD(DONA), CLEC, JD – Fearlessly Surrender to Your Birthing Power.
- Dahlia Frydman, IBCLC, ACHI Master Doula, PpD – Your Ideal Birth – Birth your way.
- Ellie Griffinger, CNM – Midwife Ellie – Personalized care in the hospital setting.
- Michelle Borok, LM, CPM – Nourish Midwifery – Offering the midwifery model of care: Homebirth, Waterbirth, Home Insemination (IUI), Sexual Health Assessment, and Childbirth Education.
- Kristen Graser, LM, CPM & Gingi Allen, Birth Doula, Midwife in training – Fruits of Labor
- Elena Aurora – Aurora Birth Journey
- Dr. Amy Maidenberg – Sage Pediatrics – Holistic care for infants, children and adolescents.
Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
- Allison Romero, PT, DPT at Pelvic Health & Rehabilitation Center, Berkeley – Treating pelvic muscle dysfunction for lifelong pelvic health.
- Sabrina Freidenfelds, MPH, IBCLC – Then Comes Baby
Resource Centers for New Parents
- Birthways – Berkeley – A comprehensive pregnancy, birth, and parenting education and resource center.
- Then Comes Baby – Oakland – Supporting strong families, empowering parents, and fostering community connections.
- Globalivity – The Caribbean Cleanse with Dr. Tracey Wright, DC
- Olivia Smartt Photography – Fun Fine Art Photojournalism